Friday, December 21, 2012

Hope

There are little signs:

Pursed lips

Words cut short

Standing aloof

Age old pity party

My perception of a scarred relationship

Is really a sickness

Carving out my loved ones personality

My heart is turning crisp

Like dry leaves

I'm looking for hope

A sign

Does he still love me?

I'm sitting in front of the computer screen

My back to him

Across the room

The unexpected starts

HOPE

Lingering light in the distance

I want to stiffen

But I feel icicles

Dropping from my heart

The guitar is lightly plucking

It's my song

The song I wish someone

Would ask me to sing

at Church for Christmas

He asks me to sing

I walk over to him

Each step an unshackling

I swallow the lump in my throat

Hold back tears

I sing

It's pitched high

I am like a schoolboy choir

I have only sung the 1st and last

stanzas before.

"O Holy Night..."

"Surely He taught us..."

The 2nd stanza

New to me

Suprisingly sweet

What I need to hear,

Led by the light of faith serenely beaming,
With glowing hearts by His cradle we stand.
O'er the world a star is sweetly gleaming,
Now come the wisemen from out of the Orient land.
The King of kings lay thus lowly manger;
In all our trials born to be our friends.
He knows our need, our weakness is no stranger,
Behold your King! Before him lowly bend!
Behold your King! Before him lowly bend!


I lay my weapons down

I humbly say "thanks"

to the God of Relationship

With HOPE in my heart

I accept this.

I accept Him.





1 comment: