Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Wind

The wind whistled to me

So I came outside

It's irresistible

The pull

A Kansas girl

I grew up with wind

My cousins and I perched on hay bales

Watching tumbleweed skip across the highway

Listening to the rustling wheat

The wind making waves in it

Gentle wind

blowing bubbles

blowing dandelion seeds

skipping rocks  rippled water

Fierce winds

tornadoes: extreme makeover landscapes

all glass broken on north side of our house

paper like a knife lodged in a telephone pole

hurricanes: fallen trees, downed power lines

re-landscaped ocean fronts

So I am a Florida girl now

Winds rustle through palms, sea grasses

Tall pines sway like a gospel choir

Toothless trees dance and give a two leaf clap

Funny how it sounds the same

if I just close my eyes...

It's Kansas...it's Florida...

Jesus could walk on waves of wheat

Or ocean waves...and He does

He makes the clouds his chariot and rides on the wings of the wind.
Psalm 104:2-4

Should we be surprised when He calms the wind and waves?

The disciples were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”
Matthew 8:26-28

The wind can drive you where you don't want to go, too

Faith. Belief. Trust. The wind can't touch you.

James 1:6
But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

I'm almost home.

A sprinkler attempts to shoot water one direction

It is blown everywhere else

A sparkling tree of clear lights shakes

John 3:8
The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.

I want to be that skittering leaf blown in the wind

The Wind calls my name

It's Him

I want to go where He's going

Whether it's Kansas, or Florida, or India

He's here

He walks on water

He rebukes the storm winds

The sea is calm

We chase butterflies

We blow bubbles

We skip along the swamp on an air boat

Like a dragonfly

No comments:

Post a Comment